Friday, April 27, 2012

That’s All Folks…

I really enjoyed blogging this semester, the topics we discussed were great to hear others opinion from the class.  By blogging, getting and giving feedback, I was opened up to other onions I would not consider by myself.  I most enjoyed discussing issues between common sports played between men and women (soccer, tennis, basketball, etc.).  It’s interesting that at least in my opinion female tennis is more popular than watching the men.  I know this is true for me, the only male tennis players I can watch are Andre Agassi (retired) and Rafa Nadal.   Soccer is a sport in America it mostly picks up on popularity when it’s the year of the world cup (every four years); however, I feel whether it’s the women’s or men’s world cup they are equally hyped at viewed.  In fact, I would say professional tennis and soccer are the most equally broadcasted and thought of in respects to how the fan sees the game.
Another positive about the blog is it kept me thinking about topics outside of class.  Also it helped make me more aware of rising issues within current news and events.  I really enjoyed the group presentation on RG3, I think they did a great job, it’s a timely topic, and they gave great insight.  In leaving this class I have gained a greater awareness of certain issue, and a greater respect for those women who were pioneers in the Title IX movement.  I have also increased an ability to listen to both sides, for example in allocating money and resources in college athletic budgets and such.
-By Tony Fritsch

No comments:

Post a Comment