Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Max Householder: About Me

Hello everyone my name is Max Householder and I am a junior at BGSU studying sport management with a minor in journalism. I was born the youngest of 5 children with two of my siblings being half siblings. I would say that my love of sports came from my father who was an avid football fan and sports watcher. From a young age I was joined at the hip with my father on Saturdays and Sundays where we would watch all the games. I would even help him make decisions regarding his fantasy football team. As far as sport in general I one day hope to earn a career in the sports broadcasting field. Whether it is doing play by play announcing for sporting events or covering a team and or sport as a journalist or sports reporter that is my ultimate career goal.
I have already begun to make my transition into that field as I am a member of the Bowling Green Radio Sports Organization’s general staff. In the organization I host my own radio show “Out of Bounds,” on Tuesday’s from 6 to 7pm. I also have broadcasted BG men’s and women’s basketball games and helped with the production of those and other BG games. Along with working for the BGRSO I am also a member of the BG News as a reporter of rugby which is one of BGSU’s most successful sports as they came within one game of winning the national championship a season ago. In closing I will say that my favorite sports teams are the Michigan Wolverines in college, the Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Tigers and Cleveland Cavaliers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Max,
    This is a nice start to your blog. I did not realize you already host a radio show. What are the usual topics that you discuss? Perhaps you could host one of your shows from class if we get into a controversial subject:-) It sounds like you are getting plenty of experience as a sports reporter, so that is great! I am glad that you have covered the success of BGSU's rugby team. I went to a game in the fall and really enjoyed it. I would love to see more people become familiar with rugby! I am not sure athletes are, but you seem to have a diverse range of favorite sports teams.if you indicated elsewhere who your favorite
    Good job.
    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete